Sunday 14 December 2008

Sunday

Leonora woke up feeling very bright and perky and not in the least like indulging in D&V.

She practised talking to herself and trying to sound very poorly. The little crutches fell over laughing.

Leonora warned them that she was going to make sure they were not in the same room when she made the call.

Around 10.30am she decided it was time to bite the bullet. She carefully bundled the little crutches into the hallway, and looked up Mark's number.

Pring pring. Pring pring, rang the 'phone.

Leonora nearly jumped out of her skin. Well, she nearly fell over anyway.

Bloody Leonard. I haven't spoken to him for ages and he rings right now when I am trying to psyche myself into being duplicitous and convincingly so.

"Yes," she snarled down the 'phone.

"Hi Leonora. Mark here. I've had a great idea, so change of plan called for," he said.

"As it's such a nice day, I thought we would go for a walk with my dog first, and then go for the meal. Give us chance to build up an appetite too."

"I can't possibly. I'm ill. I got up this morning and I've spent most of my time in the bathroom. I daren't leave the flat," she said quickly.

"Bullshit, Leonora, you sound perfectly all right to me. I'll pick you up in half an hour. Bye." And he put the 'phone down before she had chance to say any more.

Shit, shit, shit. She went out into the hall and wailed at the little crutches.

"Now, what do I do?"

The little crutches looked at her blankly. They were beginning to wonder why Leonora always seemed to get involved with such bossy men when she claimed not to like bossy men.

"Go out for the walk?" suggested the first one.

"And then have a free lunch?" said the second one.

"Silly," said the first little crutch. And kicked the second one for good measure. "There are no free lunches."

"Ow," shrieked the second little crutch, and then kicked back. They both tumbled on the floor, bickering away, while Leonora looked on distraught.

"Oh, stop it," she said, and walked out and left them.

They were so surprised they stopped fighting and got up.

Leonora was undecided now what to wear. Was this a walk round the town, in the park, or in the hills? Well there obviously wasn't time for a long walk so it must be an urban sort of walk.

She pulled on a pair of casual trousers, and a few layers of cotton clothing to look ultra casual. Which she then ruined by adding some jewellery and putting on some make-up.

The little crutches stood in the hall tut-tutting at Leonora's attempts to beautify herself.

"Either you want to go or you don't," said the first one critically.

"Why are you so bothered what you look like?" asked the second one.

"I don't want to go, but he's my boss, and I quite like the money," she said. "For now, anyway."

The little crutches rolled their eyes at each other, and prepared to entertain themselves in Leonora's absence.

Bzzzzzzzzzzz went the intercom.

Leonora looked at the little crutches and then picked up the internal phone thing.

"Hi," she said.

"Hello Leonora, it's Mark. Are you ready?"

"Er, not quite, I'll just be a few minutes," she said.

"Aren't you going to let me in then?" he said.

She pressed the buzzer and felt the situation was rapidly ebbing from her control before they had even left the flat.

Mark walked in beaming at her. And then stopped.

"You look great. You look totally different away from work, so relaxed," he said.

Leonora thought that was a joke. The last thing she was right now was relaxed.

Mark reached out and touched her cheek, and caressed her neck.

"Maybe we should forget the walk," he said.

Leonora's head was spinning. She began to think the D&V episode might end up being reality after all.

"What about your dog?" She wondered if the dog was fictitious.

"Oh, she's OK in the car. She's as happy for a ride as a walk, but even a short walk will placate her," he answered, his hand resting lightly on her shoulder.

Leonora gulped. It was a long time since she had been in such a silly situation. And she had no intention of getting any closer to her boss than she already was.

"I'll get my boots," and she turned to walk away.

"Don't," he said, and gently pushed her against the wall, his arms either side of her. "I'd really prefer a fuck to a walk."

Leonora couldn't help herself. She started laughing. Mark smiled.

"I don't think sex with people at work is a good idea," she said.

"We aren't at work," he replied, twisting his fingers in her hair.

"You know what I mean," she said.

"Yeah, and you know what I mean too. Neither of us is going to go into work tomorrow morning and start talking about it, or acting like a pair of teenagers.

"Now, I have a very stiff cock and a great desire to fuck you, so let's get on with it."

Leonora was rooted to the spot. She felt that she ought to move away, but was already beginning to think it was too late. Suddenly Leonard flashed into her head. Leonard and his offensive comments about not wanting to shag her. I'll show him. Apart from anything else, Mark was younger than both of them. Rude git, suggesting no-one wants to shag me.

She quickly pulled off her trousers, lay down and pulled him towards her. As he entered, she lifted herself up slightly and put her long legs around his neck so he went deep inside her. Leonora felt slightly guilty that she was still thinking about Leonard, but she felt a smug glow of satisfaction at her Sunday lunchtime fuck.

"Why are we rolling around on the hall floor?" asked Mark after a while.

"I don't know. You said you wanted to fuck me now. You didn't specify going to a particular location," she answered moving hard back against him.

"Maybe we should try a bed next time," he said, thinking his knees were getting rather sore.

"Next time?" she asked, and paused.

"Yes. Next time. What are you doing after lunch?" he asked.

Leonora uncoiled her legs down from around his neck. And sat up.

"Wait a minute. There is no next time. Let's leave it at this. Once is fun, twice will be a mistake. And while we're at it, I don't think lunch is a good idea either," she said.

"Do you want a shower before you go?" she asked.

"Holy shit Leonora! Whatever is wrong?" he said.

She sighed. "It's happened, just let's leave it at that."

Mark was puzzled. He didn't usually get that sort of reaction.

"What have I done wrong?" he asked.

"Nothing," she said. "I'd just like a bit of space right now, and I don't feel like lunch. Please, let's not fall out."

"What about Sheba?" he said sulkily pulling on his trousers.

"Sheba?" asked Leonora.

"My dog, the one who was going to go for a walk with us."

"Oh. Well I guess she can go with you. What sort is she anyway?" asked Leonora out of curiosity.

"German Shepherd."

Damn. One of Leonora's favourite breeds. Mental note to self, she thought. Do not get entangled emotionally or physically with men with nice dogs.

"Well, if you want I don't mind going for a walk next week with her. But I'm not into this whole lunch thing. Especially with the boss," she said.

"It's my company. I can go to lunch with who I want," said Mark.

"Yes. Just not with me today, if you don't mind."

"I do mind. I'm going to have to cancel the reservation as well," he said.

"You can go on your own," said Leonora.

"And look a right prick at a table set for two. No thanks."

Mark looked at her. "Seriously Leonora, I'd like you to come to lunch, and I'd like us both to go for a walk with Sheba. Come on."

Leonora kissed him on the lips. "Thanks Mark, but no. If you still feel like it sometime later, then maybe. Otherwise, it was fun." She smiled at him - and opened the door for him to leave.

She closed the door behind him, and turned round to see the little crutches staring at her with their mouths wide open.

Shit. She had forgotten they were in the hall.

"Wow," said the first little crutch.

"You turned down a free lunch," said the second one.

She laughed, they were too funny for words.

"Maybe some other day," she said, and wandered into the kitchen. A glass of wine was called for. Or perhaps cava.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phew! I have gone all hot and bothered.......wow.

Way to go Leonara!

It is going to take me a while to catch up with all these posts, I had not realised so much had been happening.

Little Crutches should wear blindfolds, they may get corrupted!

Scarlett ;0)

Anonymous said...

hmmm that Mark has a way with words though, just like my Rhett!